Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sleep Deprivation

After what has happened in the past week or two, maybe Engineering isn't right for me. Is spending three-and-a-half hours on my weekly online chem assignment really worth my time? Each week, while laboring to complete it, I bitch and complain at the same time. Homework shouldn't be this painful.I find no enjoyment in taking chem or multivarialbe calculus. What will happen when I take physics? There are times when I stare at the textbook and the page stares back at me. I feel like I retain none of the information I read. So in the near future, I need to meet with my academic advisor to discuss the options before I start choosing classes in the beginning of Novemeber.

For the past five weeks or so, Spring Awakening has taken over my life. There has not been a weekend when I was not in San Francisco. Each time I'm in the city, it's to watch Spring Awakening or to attend a Spring Awakening-related event. People think I am crazy for seeing the show 9.5 times since it's been here. But I really don't mind. So much has happened that it's worth the time and effort to haul myself there. I enjoy every minute. But these numerous trips to SF have also impacted other things directly and indirectly.

Time management has never been one of my stronger skills and still isn't one of my strengths. So I don't use my time very well and assignemtns tend to pile up, including the numerous readings for various classes. It has finally caught up to me. My absence in math lectures and missed chem readings impacted my performance on the midterm. I scored poorly, much worse than I hoped, but relative to the time I've been spending for each class. Thus, from now on, I need to work harder to do better all around. It will be difficult when Spring Awakening leaves San Francisco. Even though I won't be able to see the show each week, at least I'll have "extra" time to spend working on homework.

No comments: