Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dining Commons

The food at the dining commons is made of grease, oil, and fat. Oh, don't forget the SALT. Today's brunch menu included made-to-order crepes and omlettes, bacon, scrambled eggs, tofu and eggs, sausages, and chilaquiles. So looking at the nutrition facts (since the food is known to be poisonous), many of the foods seemed not too bad. Until the chilaquiles...

NOTE: This photo has NOT been photoshopped.

Are you kidding me? From a one serving (three ounces), 1052 calories, 78% of my daily value of fat, 91% of my daily value of saturated fat, 64% of my daily value of cholestrol, 92% of my daily value of salt, 26% of my daily value of carbs...

I thought it was just a typo; the person might have just mistyped a number or added too much of a particular ingredient. So I brilliantly decided to try some. Bad idea. It tasted like it was made from salt. Notice how it is CHICKEN chilaquiles de Monterey? And how the second ingredient in the ingredients list is CHICKEN? There was no CHICKEN. It was just tortilla chips and this brown sauce that tasted like it was made of salt.

Also what in the world is YEGETABLE oil? And I'm pretty sure it's not a typo because later on, it lists VEGETABLE oil as one of the ingredients...what are they trying to feed us? I really hope that it is just a typo, but keep in mind that I did try some and it was incredibly salty.

In response, I have written a comment card to the Cal Dining staff. Below is what I wrote:
"Looking at the nutrition facts for one of the items from today's brunch menu - chicken chilquiles de Monterey, it is shocking. from one serving (3oz), there are 1052 calories and 92%DV of sodium among other things. I really hope this is only a typo, but I did try some of it and it was extremely salty."

1 comment:

Joy said...

LOL oh andrew i can just hear your voice saying all of the above. and your facial expression when you wave around your comment card
:)