Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Not Gone...

Yesterday was closing day for Spring Awakening tour here in San Francisco.  More than one month ago on opening night, I bought my ticket for the final performance. I never expected this day to arrive so soon. Before the show, numerous boxes were piled in front of the theater in preparation for the move to Seattle. Never have I been so attached to the show, to the cast, to the story line, to the music, and to everything else. All in all, I have seen the show eleven times. People have called me crazy for seeing the show so many times, but I would never do it for another show. Each time watching the show has been quite an adventure, meeting new people in the rush line, talking with the cast, hanging out at Starbucks, and just plain goofing off.

The show has brought so many unexpected opportunities. Without the street team, I wouldn't have been able to meet so many new people: Frances, Azuah, Christina, Juliana, Javier, Andrew, Kelsey, Rose, and so many more. I am going to miss the fun times that we had just hanging out before and after shows, those random conversations, and our stupid Starbucks moments. These past six weeks are ones that I will not forget for a very long time. I have made many friendships and created memories to remember.

Now that the show is gone, there are two ways to look at the situation. For the past six weeks, there hasn't been a weekend that I haven't spent in San Francisco. Each weekend, I was in the city either to watch the show or to attend a street team event. It's been such a big time commitment, especially because of the street team. On the other hand, with all this extra time, I can finally devote more time to schoolwork and pray that I will make it alive out of this school. It is time to step up my game and ace my midterms and final (hopefully).

No comments: