Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Fine."

When you ask how I am doing, I will tell you "fine." Things may or may not be "fine", but that is what I will tell you. There is no reason to explain the details because you will only be quick to judge. I will only bother to tell you if things aren't "fine" if I feel like you'll even remotely understand my situation.

Every time everyone asks how I am doing, there is nothing I can tell them except for "fine". Do they expect me to tell them that I hate myself for what I have done? Or do they expect me to tell them that nothing could be better? Either way it's a waste of time to explain myself. There will be people that talk. It's frustrating to hear from one person that another person was talking about me. Why don't you just tell me directly? I'd be much happier if you told me directly how you thought about me instead of hearing from someone else.

So the next time you ask me, "How are things going?", I may answer "fine", "alright", "not bad" or some variation. Just know that my situation could be just swell or my life could be crashing down in front of my eyes. But I will tell you "fine".

I know that this post may not make any sense and I have so much more to say, but this post is for the one person out there. You may be in a difficult time. Things aren't "fine" but just know that you will get through it. If you need anything, please call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand this post PERFECTLY. I know exactly what you mean.

I always say fine because FINE = Freaked out. Insecure. Neurotic. Emotional (The Italian Job).

Haha. =] Things are just fine and dandy, aren't they?