Pages

Friday, October 23, 2009

Recursion

Yet another late night and my third update in less than 36 hours. Like every other all nighter I've pulled this semester (which is literally every other day), I am at a dead end trying to figure out the correct coding for my programming assignment... For my programming class, we are assigned an assignment each week which contains problems where we have to code to perform a certain task/function. These packets with the prompts are getting thicker...let's take a tally shall we?

Assignment #1
Assigned: August 31st, Due: September 11th
(11 days)
Pages: 5

Assignment #2
Assigned: September 11th, Due: September 18th
(7 days)
Pages: 6

Assignment #3
Assigned: September 18th, Due: September 25th
(7 days)
Pages: 10

Assignment #4
Assigned: September 25th, Due: October 2nd
(7 days)
Pages: 9

Assignment #5
Assigned: October 2nd, Due: October 14th
(12 days)
Pages: 10

Assignment #6
Assigned: October 16th, Due: October 25th
(7 days)
Pages: 18

If you couldn't tell, we are assigned a new assignment the day our previous one is due. These assignments haven't gotten any easier and at the same time, they are getting longer and longer (for the most part). It is a guarantee that at least forty-eight hours leading up to the due date, I get no sleep. My next one is due in seven hours yet I have barely finished a few problems. One of the parts deals with recursive functions, which are functions that call itself (in a loop). It is trial and error. If one command does not work, then try one after another. Essentially if you don't use the right commands, you could be going at it for hours on end to no avail...that is happening to me right now.

It doesn't help me that I had to turn in the past two assignments for this class incomplete...there are only seven weeks or so in the semester and I am struggling in all three of my technical courses...looks like I really need to pick up the game and get some help...some sleep would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!