Pages

Sunday, June 14, 2009

And All Shall Know the Wonder (Again)

A few days ago, to my surprise, I found out that SPRING AWAKENING IS COMING TO SAN JOSE! Something that I did not think was possible is now coming true!! It is coming to the Center for the Performing Arts in Downtown San Jose from October 28th to November 1st. I am definitely going to see it when it comes.

After AMTSJ closed its doors last year, I thought that it would take a while for musicals to return to San Jose. But I did not have to wait for long! Luckily, the Nederlander Organization worked with Team San Jose to bring Broadway tours to the city. The organization operates theaters in New York City, San Diego, Los Angeles, and many other cities across the nation. The inaugural season includes MONTY PYTHON'S SPAMALOT, SPRING AWAKENING, RIVERDANCE, AVENUE Q, and LEGALLY BLONDE. Although the shows will only be playing for a week each, it is a start and I am hoping that attendance and demand will increase thus resulting in longer stays.

Because of the rarity of Broadway tours in San Jose and the closure of AMT, my hopes of Spring Awakening coming to San Jose, let alone Bay Area, were slim. After I learned about this news, I called all my friends to notify them of the good news and to hopefully bring them along.

No comments: