Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal!

April has finally arrived which means performances of City of Angels are looming. Performances also mean rehearsals and tech. For all of this month, rehearsal will be my life... I will have barely any time to study and do work for my classes. My psych and chem midterm are both occurring next week. The best part is that my chem midterm is right before the preview performance. My midterm is from 6:30pm-8:00pm and curtain is at 8:00pm so I will probably have to take the test in costume and DASH over to CRH.

And because of rehearsal, I'm not able to attend NUMEROUS events. This Thursday is Rotaract's cruise around the San Francisco Bay, Moonlight Masquerade. Tickets are only $20 which includes a DJ and food, but unfortunately I won't have time. It's the day before tech. The theme of Men's and Women's Chorale Spring Show this year is "The Musicals of Sondheim and Bernstein". We're singing a medley from Into the Woods and West Side Story. And with West Side Story comes Gee Officer Krupke with choreography. I'll have to miss BOTH dance rehearsals for the song and I was really looking forward to it. Hopefully Ill still be able to be in that scene.

This past Monday was the start of never ending rehearsals. I will have nonstop rehearsals until our first performances in a week and a half. So six to midnight will be blocked off for the next two weeks and all day Saturday and Sunday. Fun! Tech rehearsals start this Friday so really have to get my game on with academics. I don't have ANY time to waste. I will get through this however difficult it may be. I'm just glad that everyone in the cast gets along and we're all very sporadic. This will be such a fun show. Although rehearsing for the show takes up so much time, it is a rewarding experience.

Today, we rehearsed with the set for the first time. Tomorrow, we rehearse with the orchestra for the first time! I'm SO excited.

No comments: