Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Back to the routine

1:05am sitting in Main Stacks trying to study organic chemistry.

Three weekends, one preview, ten performances, much dancing, singing, laughter later, City of Angels is now over. It is time to go back to the daily routine of waking up and not knowing what to do for the rest of the day. Rather, worrying about studying, but not actually doing anything productive.

It was an amazing experience working on City of Angels. Looking back, it comprised of my entire second semester...all the way back to auditions the last week of January until now. What a ride! It was great getting to spend time with such talented cast members. Not letting anything get in the way. Each rehearsal was fun and different. I was always looking forward to going to rehearsal because I never knew what to expect.

Before every performance with Sabrina while she was doing her hair. The dance parties before, during and after the show. Singing and acting along to the songs while the other actors were on stage. Prop and set mishaps...

Now that it is over. I am starting to return to not having any motivation to study or do anything at all. Rehearsals and performances kept me going. It took up so much time, but looking back, it was worth every minute of time and every ounce of effort. To think that I originally was hesitant about committing myself to the production. For once, I made the right decision.

On the other hand, I put my academics aside and have much to catch up on. Academics essentially were of little concern. I am still working on finding the balance between academics and doing a show. It is still a learning process.

There are only three weeks left until finals. Time to start learning the information! Not much time left.

1 comment:

Sophia Wang said...

good luck on your finals!! you can so do it :)