Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

Grumble...

Tech rehearsal is taking forever. We're in our third hour with three more hours to go. I am getting extremely restless. It doesn't help that my laptop battery only lasts an hour now. It only charges to 43% capacity because it's shitty like that. In addition, there are NO plugs in our rehearsal/performing space. We have a short break and I'm trying to charge my laptop so I can survive tech without falling asleep.

Tech rehearsal is taking FOREVER. We're running every single scene and adjusting and adding the lights. I'm sure I'm not the only that can't sit through it. It's so difficult to get through. There are a total of 40 scenes in the entire show. By the 2.5 hour mark, we only went through six scenes. Rehearsal today is six hours. Six hours, forty scenes. YOU do the math.

But I really need a new computer. In the beginning, I really hoped and wished for a MacBook...the ingenious designs and amazing media software (iLife - iMovie, iPhoto, GarageBand, etc.) At this point, however, I'm not asking for something really fancy especially since the economy is doing poorly and the unemployment rate is at its highest in a quarter of a century. A netbook would be just fine. I just need a device that can do word processing and surf the web.

I'm extremely tired and suffering from lack of sleep. This is going to be my life for the next month. I have no time to waste at all especially since both my finals are next week. Right now, I'm just trying to get through things little by little and keeping positive about this entire situation I'm in. I'm really glad I stuck with doing the show. The entire cast has a great time. We dance and sing and do crazy things in our down time. There is a lot of amazing talent and it's gonna be a great show. Until next time...(if I'm still alive, that is)

No comments: