Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Facebook Me!

For the last week or so, I've been living without Facebook. I de-activated it for many reasons. For the first day or two, I would have a dying urge to see what my friends were up to. I tried not to cave in, but I re-activated my Facebook to browse around and then quickly de-activated it. That happened for a few days, but over the weekend, I just stopped checking. It's nice not having a distraction while doing homework. Before I de-activated my account, I would just browse around aimlessly looking at people's photos, events, friend activity.

After doing so, I feel so detached from people's lives. Besides text messaging (for those who have a plan), instant messaging, e-mail and the good old-fashioned phone call,  Facebook was my main way of keeping in touch. (It sounds insincere, but hey, it works.) I know that in the next few days I will have to re-activate my Facebook so that I can keep up with other's lives and update others on mine. It also sucks not being able to stalk people. Just kidding. But you know you do it.

Now I need to make the effort to keep in touch with others. Maybe a call to the people I haven't talked to yet this year. And we'll see how everything goes from there.

1 comment:

Karen said...

andrew, just wanted to let you know that the picture you have in your header is GORGEOUS. i bet you took it yourself. it's really a great perspective and it's beautiful. just for those ppl who say berkeley is hideous! haha :)