Pages

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Last Day of Summer & The Start of Something NEW

This is my last day of summer! Tomorrow I am moving to Berkeley, which is only an hour and a half away from my home. I should be packing right now, but I am too tired and lazy to do so. Labor Day weekend is coming up, so I might as well just come back next weekend and grab whatever I still need or forgot to bring. Isn't that much simpler than lugging everything and having so much stuff that I won't use? I am quite excited about living somewhere else than San Jose for a change. Berkeley has interesting shops and eateries. Besides, it's right across the bay from San Francisco. Since there's a BART station right next to campus, I can take it right into the city.

Also, tomorrow is the closing ceremony of the Olympics! We get cable in our room (included in our tuition) and I can't believe Berkeley has more channels than I do at home. There's everything but the premium channels. I could spend my whole academic at career in my dorm watching television, but that wouldn't be a smart thing to do: spend $26,000 a year on cable television. :P Hopefully my roommate has a spare TV to bring so we can watch the Olympics closing ceremony. If not, then I'll find some way to watch it. Maybe record it or find it online.

Well, I am headed off to Berkeley while all the other UC students are still squatting at home drooling for another month. This has been such an awesome summer and I am READY for school. Berkeley, HERE I COME! GO BEARS!

No comments: