Pages

Friday, August 8, 2008

Father's Day...Today?

Happy Father's Day! Make no mistake, today is Father's Day in Taiwan. In Chinese, father is ba ba, which sounds like 8/8 (August 8th). So the people of Taiwan celebrate their Father's Day each year on this day.

Also, I forgot to mention: According to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, yesterday (lunar: 7th month of the 7th day, Gregorian: August 7th) was Valentine's Day. Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

So this should be my last post in Taiwan because I won't have internet connection until I land in the states Sunday night, unless I miraculously get internet. Anyways, this has been an fantastic trip, much different from previous trips. Although I didn't have many opportunities to explore the night markets, I had a great time living up in the mountains with my great aunt and uncle with the fresh air and nature. See you guys back in the states, for the five of you that read this blog. I'll upload videos onto YouTube once I get home.

Have fun watching the Olympics in Beijing!

No comments: