Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tomorrow the sun will NOT come up

Bright and early at 6am, I will be at school setting up for the last school-wide rally EVER. This means I'll need to wake up at 5:45am. It's already hard for me to wake up at 7am every morning. How am I supposed to wake up an hour earlier? And it gets even better.

My Spanish teacher decides to assign us a short dialogue presentation on perfect subjunctive tenses.....on block day....which is due on Friday. That has given us just Wednesday night, Thursday night (tonight) to plan a theme, write the dialogue, memorize the lines, practice AND rehearse. I'm in the process of memorizing because my group just created the dialogue two hours ago... And I'm already getting tired. But there's more!

What do you know? For the umpteenth time, there happens to be a AP Biology test on the same day as a rally. For every single rally set-up this year, I have had to study for a 100-point test. Guaranteed, I will not score well on this test because I do not know the information because I have not been reading. It is part laziness, but part death speed. Since second semester began, we have had tests pretty much EVERY single week. Our last test was just a week ago on Friday. There's not enough time to read three whole chapters, understand the information, while visiting colleges. Besides, there's also projects, tests, and presentations from other classes that pile on.

I'm just glad that I am not in an AP Literature student's position. Many of them are working hard, even as I write this, to complete a 10-page research paper with 3 books, numerous secondary sources, etc. Also, AP Government students don't have it any easier. They have a 10-article current events binder due tomorrow. And of course, AP Calculus BC has their free-response binder/furniture due tomorrow. Last year, I had such a great time when I had to compile all those worksheets and print all those free-response answers.

Since February, I have been recording videos with my snazzy handheld device. Now, I have so much video footage that I don't know what to do with all of it. I think I might be able to pull off two blog videos or so out of the clips...... STAY TUNED!

No comments: