Pages

Friday, January 25, 2008

Off to Skid Row

Tonight, I am off to see AMT's production of Little Shop of Horrors. If you don't know what it's about, here's a basic idea. Little Shop is about Seymour Krelborn, a nerdy assistant floral assistant who finds love with the help of a monstrous, man-eating plant planning to take over the world. It was originally a 1960 film directed by Roger Corman. Later, it was transformed into a musical by composer Alan Menken and writer Howard Ashman. The show debuted off-Broadway in 1982. In 2003, a revamped show opened on Broadway with new songs, updated orchestrations, and a more "realistic" plant. Some notable stars included Hunter Foster and Kerry Butler.

I'm so excited to see the show. I am watching it with my two friends who have no idea that I'm going. They went ahead and bought tickets without me since I told them that I would be too busy to watch. Without their knowing, I went ahead and bought a ticket. And they still have no clue. It will be interesting to see their reaction when I tell them that I will be in fact be joining them tonight.

In addition, Izetta is playing Ronette, one of the urchins. She choreographed our school's last two musicals, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum and Cabaret. It will interesting to see her on stage performing. Thespians are going on Tuesday, but there is no way I can make a weekday show and I cannot miss the show.

No comments: