Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Exciting News!

Looking at all my unpublished/draft posts, there are so many related Spring Awakening -- especially during the time the show was here in San Francisco. So many memories were created, so many new friendships formed.

Anyways, this past weekend was crazy! I had auditions on Friday for City of Angels, which is being put on by barestage, the only student-run theater company on campus. We were asked to prepare a one-minute monologue and 64-bars of music (seriously?). My monologue went pretty well, but I didn't do so well on my song. The directors told us that the cast list would be sent out later that night.

After the audition, I went and played ultimate with some friends. When I returned around 11:30pm, there was an email in my inbox with the callback list. Surprisingly, my name was on the list! I was quite excited, but it meant I had to be at callbacks from 9am-3pm the next day.

For callbacks, we were given sides and told to read different roles. There weren't many guys. And some people didn't even show up.  After lunch, we ran through the songs and sang individually for the director. The cast list would be sent out later that night.

Good news: I got cast as Yamato, the county coroner. Performances are in April, so rehearsals will keep me quite busy until then. It seems like a fun show with an interesting cast. I'll be sure to update periodically.

No comments: